A jury rejected a man who suffered burns on his face, hands and legs while attempting to fuel a portable generator.
On Sept. 12, 2017, plaintiff Richard Maier, 63, a business’s owner, visited his son’s business, a sandwich shop that was located at 3325 S. University Drive, in Davie. A hurricane had caused a power outage, so the shop was being powered by a portable generator that the younger Maier had borrowed. An explosion occurred while Richard Maier was attempting to refuel the generator. He suffered injuries of his face, his hands and his legs.